Five different tracks are offered in the B.A. program in Middle Eastern Studies:
1) Expanded Major (46 yearly hours)
2) Primary Major (30 yearly hours)
3) Double Major (26 yearly hours)
4) Integrated Double-Major (with one of the following Departments: Arabic, Political Science, Jewish History, Eastern Jewry, Land of Israel Studies, and Geography) (24 yearly hours).
5) Minor (16 yearly hours)
All tracks are three-year programs. All students are required to successfully complete the courses in beginning Arabic (6 yearly hours) and Advanced Arabic (4 yearly hours), as well as two textual courses, one in classical and the other in modern Arabic (4 yearly hours each). Students who passed the matriculation exam of at least 4 units in Arabic with a minimum grade of 70, or who successfully passed the entrance examinations of the Arabic Department, are exempt from the Arabic language instruction courses (but not the Arabic textual courses) and may substitute for them elective courses from other departments.
1. The Department offers courses that are open to students enrolled in any other department in the university, and our yearly enrollment always includes such students, especially those from the departments of General History and of Arabic Language and Literature.