There are two M.A. tracks in the Department of Middle Eastern Studies: a research track, which includes the writing of an M.A. thesis, and a non-research track, which requires more coursework but does not include the writing of an M.A. thesis.
1. BA with an average of 76 or more.
2. Students who did not complete courses in Arabic and did not pass the matriculation exam of at least 4 units in Arabic with a minimum grade of 70 - are required to complete the Arabic department's prep program (usually on summer semester).
3. Students without a BA in Middle east studies or a related field may be required to take two online courses:
- Introduction to the History of the Modern Middle East
- Introduction to the History of Islam
And a test in 'Introduction to Middle Eastern Studies'
- Last modified: 2/05/2023